AWS is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help organizations scale and grow.
- Move large volumes of data in and out of AWS – faster, more securely and at a much lower cost than using public network connections.
- Achieve predictable network performance and deliver a more consistent end-user experience.
- Workloads that require occasional bandwidth bursts, such as backups, will benefit from higher performance when bandwidth needs spike and from reduced connection costs when bandwidth needs are low.
- Use with other AWS services, including Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) and Amazon Relational Database (RDS).
- Extend your current data centre environment into the cloud using the same IP addressing scheme, operating as if the cloud were in your data centre.
- Leverage AWS for data migration and replication to satisfy business continuity, disaster recovery and data retention requirements